By: Steve Richard, Co-Founder and Head Sales Trainer
From: Greene, Karla [mailto:Karla_Greene@ADP.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:48 PM
To: Steve Richard
Subject: Corporate Executive Board Alumni / Vorsight/ ADP
I was doing research on your company and yourself and wanted to reach out to you for several reasons. I saw that you worked in the IT practice at Corporate Executive Board as did I. I was a Sales Executive working with James Whitman and then Phil Sofia –I believe you know both of them…small world! Congrats on your success with Vorsight!
I also wanted to reach out to you as I noticed you are co-founder and as well head of Human Resources of Vorsight. My company is the fastest growing division of ADP, ADP TotalSource, helping business owners of small businesses minimize their employer liability, administrative burdens of being an employer, and stabilize their labor costs as they grow and prepare for growth. There are several unique and compelling ways we do this, which is what I was hoping to talk to you about, given your industry, role, and size of organization. I have listed a few below my signature.
Not to mention, I meet with several presidents and business owners of local small business and have opportunities, when appropriate to speak to your services, especially as many of them are contemplating ways to grow their businesses.
In light of the above, I wanted to see if we could meet for simply 20 minutes at your convenience some time next week or the following?
I look forward to your response and hopefully meeting you.
Thanks in advance for your reply,
|401 N. Washington St. Rockville, MD. 20850|
|C: 410-591-1553 O: 301-296-7962|
TotalSource is ADP’s fastest growing division: last year growing by over 14% and now serving 10,000 small businesses.
A few notable facts:
A fun part about my job is that now salespeople prospect me. Being on the other side of the coin really opens your eyes…most prospecting emails are just plain bad. However this one caught my attention right away as a really good sales prospecting email. Here’s what I like:
- “I was doing research on your company” – actually about our company and not them…so rare these days.
- Most people can’t name drop mutual connections like this. You could substitute name dropping peers you are meeting with and have it be just as effective.
- Their division is the fastest growing in a very old school industry. I’m intrigued.
- There are several unique ways we do this. I’m more intrigued.
- She meets with other business owners and can make meaningful connections beyond a sales pitch. Nice value add.
- Great use of the signature line and space below. If I want to read more I can, but it doesn’t occupy valuable real estate.
- It worked. I’m now set to meet Karla in a few weeks.